A material without a craft


I picked up these empty baby food jars at an estate sale last weekend.  I don't know exactly why I decided I needed them.  I could lie and say that I bought them because they came in this really cute picnic basket, or that I have the perfect project in mind for them...but those would both be lies.  I think the true reason I bought these jars is because I have always secretly wanted a storage wall similar to this one...


This is not an obsession that occurs naturally, but is a direct product of being my mother's daughter, with her storage container of choice being metal boxes: lots and lots of metal boxes. 
Though I appreciate the use of these jars for things like nuts and bolts, my jars would be filled with things like old buttons, broken jewelry pieces, upholstery nails, glitter of all colors and other nameless little bits.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment