i heart farmers markets


It reached a muggy 90 degrees yesterday and against my better judgment I decided to bake.  I had a few peaches and blueberries remaining from my trip to the Farmers Market last Thursday and could think of no better way to use them up than to bake a peach and blueberry cobbler.  As if my kitchen was not hot enough, I turned my oven to 425 and started pealing peaches.  I didn't have enough peaches so I threw in extra blueberries and I didn't have any bisquick so I made a homemade batch (sans shortening because I didn't have any of that either).  I also didn't have any sugar in the raw so I decided to use cinnamon sugar instead.  Lesson here is, screw the recipe, fake it till you make it. 
All substitutes aside I was quite pleased with the results.  It may not look like the picture perfect version in the cookbook, but mine was made with love and all fresh produce!


1 comment: