"Nobody puts Baby in the Corner"

It's no secret that Dirty Dancing is hands down my favorite movie of all time. It's impossible to know exactly how many times in my lifetime I have seen this film, but I can tell you, growing up my sister and I sent a few good VHS tapes to their grave due to excessive watching. So I was sitting at work the other day when my mind started to wonder (sorry boss man, but your work bores me). I got to thinking about this favorite film of mine. I found myself curious as to when exactly it had been released. A quick Google search revealed that the date was August 21, 1987. I couldn't believe it, not only was the anniversary of DD just a few days prior, it also happened to be the day we celebrated my good friend Morgan's bachelorette. Now it would have been a lot cooler had I realized this fact before the party, but I think we did a pretty good job of celebrating with Morgan while also unknowingly paying homage to Dirty Dancing...

"Oh, them. They're the dance people. They're here to keep the, uh, guests happy"...

1 comment:

  1. Had I known we were paying homage to such an influential film, I just may have kept my clothes on out of respect. Thanks for the shout-out!

    -momo

    ReplyDelete